THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blogroll + Week 2 of (Undecided) Marathon Training

First of all . . . I've been wanting to add my blogroll to my layout for some time now, but had always figured it was just too complicated to bother with. Um, why didn't anyone tell me it was so easy?! Ha. I'm an idiot. At any rate, it's up now . . . and that makes me happy :)

Also? Yay for slow days at work!

Now for actual running-related items . . .

1) I took on my second tempo run of marathon training on Tuesday. I have to say, it went very well. I ran 2 miles at an "easy" pace (10:00/miles), then cranked it up for 2 miles at an 8:19 pace. It was tough, but definitely doable. I finished the run off with a 1 mile cool-down at easy pace.

2) Yesterday was a cross-training day. I left work pretty late (around 9:45 p.m.), Turkish take-out in hand . . . and was sooooo tempted to just go straight home and devour my delicious food (if you live in NYC, you MUST try Dervish--it is out of this world!). BUT. Despite the fact that I was super tired, super grouchy and super hungry, I just couldn't seem to talk myself out of doing that damn cross-training! I hit the gym and mixed things up with 15 minutes of rowing and 25 minutes of biking. As is always the case, I left the gym thinking I was REALLY glad I went. I'm pretty sure there's never been an occasion where I've left the gym wishing I hadn't gone . . . I should try to remember that one ;)

3) I've got speed intervals on the schedule for tonight. My workout will consist of a 13-minute warm-up; followed by 6 x (1 min. fast + 2 mins. easy); and then a 13-minute cool-down. I'm thinking I'll tackle the fast intervals at a 7:09/mile pace. And? I'm actually . . . gasp! . . . really excited to do this workout!

There you have it, folks! Well, we leave early tomorrow morning for Austin. I haven't decided yet whether or not I'm bringing my laptop (note to self: check and see if the hotel offers free wireless). If not, I'll definitely check back in when we get home on Tuesday. Until then, GO WILSON!! DOMINATE THE AUSTIN MARATHON!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for adding me to your blogroll! Your interval training sounds great and something I really need to do more of.

Good luck :)

SueBob said...

Good luck on the intervals...and have fun in Austin!

The Alien said...

Intervals always end up kicking my ass, and that one sounds like a hard one, good luck! And have a good time on Austin.

Alissa said...

Wow, you were cross training at 10 pm at night? How do you find the energy! If I work later than 7 I am done for working out. What time do you have to be into work in the morning? Great job this week!

Rachel said...

I've always thought those late workout times are amazing. I could never ever get the motivation to workout at the time when I normally crash in the bed. You have an amazing amount of determination.

Have fun in Austin!!